It’s been 6 months since I and my son have been using this product. We have had a lot of really good times and some bad moments with the rock tumbler. Here are some comprehensive Lortone 33B Rock Tumbler Reviews on its functionalities and features. I thought it was important to get the word out so you are not confused like I was when I got the product.
Lortone started on a small scale engineering hand made rock tumblers for lapidary enthusiasts. Now, it is counted amongst the leaders of manufacturing rock tumblers, saws, polishing arbors and an array of abrasives. All their products have been produced in America since 1978. Major chains in the United States of the company can be found at Mukilteo, Washington and North of Seattle.
Lortone 33B Rotary Rock Tumbler Reviews
Lortone 33B rock tumbler is the flagship model of Lortone in the rock tumblers category. It is double barreled, can load more stoners and take a load off your back by doing twice as much work. The barrels are interchangeable and can easily be switched between. The tumbler is made for professionals but a novice can also get a grip of this machine in no time.
The Lortone 33B is loaded with features. These features primary help in reducing your overall time spent on a single batch of rocks. Plus, the amount of effort is also reduced to a considerable amount. Here are the features:
- Dimensions 6.25L x 16W inches
- 2 barrels each with a capacity of 3 LBS taking the overall capacity of the tumbler to 6 LBS.
- Can polish more than just stones. Lortone 33B polishes stones, jewels, glass and beads.
- The body is premium and coated with good quality paint.
- Metallic hard body.
- A motor with capacity; 115 volts.
Customer Reviews about Lortone 33B Rock Tumbler
There have been mixed reviews about the product. Where on one hand a lot of individuals have loved the features the Lortone 33B motor provides, other have found issues with prolonged usage.
- A husband bought it for her wife who is a jewelry designer as a gift. She was happy with the functioning of the product. The usage was also not very extreme. She used only about 2 LBS of rocks to grind. It wasn’t long enough when the initially installed belt gave up on her and broke.
The Lortone team was very helpful in hearing her issues and providing a quick support.
- Another customer had a hard time using the rock tumbler. He reviewed that although the functioning of the tumbler was good but when used optimally it heat up. Rather than using it in an enclosed atmosphere he took it out and had to stop work for the motors to cool down.
The heat up happens because of the pressure that’s put on the machine from grinding. It’s general, if extends for long, the Lortone customer service is always there.
Hope the review was helpful. I would suggest before buying a tumbler to check it’s specifications and your usage first. The Lortone 33B rock tumbler can a viable option only concern being budget.